* This leads to the Station Fleet Vehicle schedule which can be used as an alternative means of transport by requesting a ride with scheduled drivers or signing out a car.
Student Use of Fleet Vehicles
The Station provides Geneva students with use of fleet vehicles for the purpose of attending classes and conducting academic-related business on the Ithaca campus. You must be eligible to drive fleet vehicles ( see below ). To reserve an fleet vehicle contact Gemma Osborne email@example.com and she will set up the reservation for you. When your reservations are set please email the NYSAES student list firstname.lastname@example.org with the date and time of departure and return to Geneva, to let other students know so that they can have the option of commuting with you. Please check the current student vehicle schedule and the shuttle schedule first to see if you can catch a ride that is already scheduled. If you would like to carpool with a student using a fleet vehicle please contact the driver by email to arrange transportation. Please contact the driver at with 24 hour or more notice if possible.
Driver Eligibility and Car Protocol
- You must have had your license for at least 3 years.
- You must have held a valid United States driver license for at least 1 year.
- You must have driven at least 2000 miles.
- You must fill out the Driving History Questionnaire 2010 and return it to Pat Mahoney (pmm19).
- You must be on official academic business such as attending classes and doing business with the graduate school.
- Students receive priority in issues of car scheduling.
Parking in Ithaca
- Fleet vehivle have N parking permits and can be parked only in N lots or TIER 1-5 lots. Please see the Student Vehicle Parking Map (also located in the vehicles) for further clarification.
There are guidelines in the glove box outlining permitted parking areas and what do in the case of an accident.
Please report any problems with the vehicles to the Garage (x2304).